What can I do on the internet instead of social media: There are many things to do on the internet besides social media. Spending too much time on social media can get a little exhausting. You can spend hours on it and it can put a strain on your mental and physical health without you being aware of it. Going through the timeline about other people’s pictures and posts, reading trolling comments on your or other people’s posts, and checking out celebrity’s profiles and lifestyles are now the usual tasks that most social media users are involved in and that is not healthy. The internet user should try going through another website that serves to provide him with useful information, techniques, and skills, that are also relaxing for the mind.
But first, for using any website on social media, the user has to have a working internet connection. Xfinity Internet plans is offering different internet deals that are priced according to the areas they are available in. For simply browsing the internet, you can have the basic internet deal with an internet speed of up to 50Mbps which is ideal for this kind of function. Or if you need something faster, you can go for a higher-speed plan.
While scrolling through social media, one gets too engrossed in other people’s lifestyle that they develop this habit of FOMO or the fear of missing out. It refers to one’s feeling or perception that others are having more fun or experiencing better things than him. It badly affects the person’s self-esteem and insecurity.
Besides going through social media, you are left with thousands of options to choose from on the internet. Since spending too much time on social media is not exactly healthy per se, looking through other websites will help to refresh the mind and give useful information.
- For instance, Coursera is an online course provider that works with other universities around the world to offer online courses, certifications, diplomas, and degrees in a variety of subjects. Millions of learners, companies, and businesses all come together to access world-class education from this website. The courses being offered on Coursera are four to twelve weeks long, one or two hours long, and mostly offered once a week. These courses also have quizzes and weekly assignments that are graded by the institutions offering the course, and then sometimes a final project or exam to formally pass the course. Career-wise, these courses can help you upskill and get a new job too. The coolest thing about Coursera is that its partners have chosen to sponsor or waive the education of deserving students, stakeholders, or persons. Even with the scholarship program, there are still many courses that are being offered for free. The courses being offered on Coursera are something one needs to be going for, instead of scrolling through social media.
- Duolingo is the most popular language-learning website, which contains various resources for learning different languages being used all over the world. There are listening exercises, flashcards, and multiple-choice questions that drill the users into testing their language-learning abilities. Some questions even have threads where one user asks questions and others answer the query by posting their comments. This website is also useful for learning basic conversational phrases in different languages that are useful when one is traveling. For instance, it is helpful to learn phrases like: “How much does it cost?”, “Where can I find a bus stop?”, etc. If you are on the Duolingo app, it will pester you with notifications about continuing the lessons. If you are interested in learning a new language or looking to travel in the future, this is the best option for you.
- Investopedia is also another useful website that internet users can make use of. If you have just started adulating and learning how to manage your financial life, you might find this incredibly useful. It teaches one everything there is to know about the latest financial trends and how to keep personal finances in the best shape. One can also learn about investments, share markets, liquidity, accounts, and many other things tuff. There is a large number of tutorials and websites for internet users to learn from. In short, Investopedia is like Wikipedia but for financial terms and concepts.
While social media websites are good for keeping up with your friends and loved ones and current events, going through it for hours can get a bit mind-numbing. What internet users should do instead is go through other websites which would be more useful for them. For instance, through Coursera, internet users can take different courses based on their interests and hobbies, and even earn skills and certification for it, which will be very useful for later.
You may also like:
- Panorama Charter: Guide To Employee Login Portal
- Canvas Kisd Login: How To Login To The www.katyisd.org
- CredibleBH Login: Sign In And Register To Portal Software
- Aces ETM Login: Login To Associate Resources Limited Brands
- Atlas FUSD: Fresno Unified School District Login portal
- My Katy Cloud Portal: Katy Independent School District Login
- GMGlobalConnect: How To Login At General Motor Employee Portal