Snapchat Notification: Snapchat or sometimes referred “New kind of Camera” by certain people, is an “American multimedia messaging App(AMMA)” that was developed by Snap Inc.
In this post, I am going to examine that how to change Snapchat Notification Sound on Android and iPhone devices.
The Snapchat application is out there to be used to both iOS and Android users. But some changes within the way UI appears, there’s not much difference between Snapchat for iOS and Snapchat for Android.
Even so, the way Snapchat notification sounds behave is fully different on Android and iOS. This text will provide you with a step by step orient on how to change the notifications sounds.
How to Change Snapchat Notification
Snapchat is available for download on the Google Play store
How to Change Snapchat Notification Sound Android?
The steps also provided below for Android version 10. Supported the version of Android, steps may vary a bit, but the method would be very similar. The only difference you’d see is undoubtedly the button placement.
1. Tap on to the “Settings” icon on the “Homepage” of your phone. Here, there’ll be a listing of various settings for your Android device.
2. From the list of Settings, select “Apps & notifications.” Here, you’ll be ready to control app-level settings.
3. Tap on “SEE ALL APPS“, this can take you to the subsequent screen where the app list are shown.
4. Search for Snapchat App in the list of all apps…
5. From the App info screen, Tap on notifications.
6. A Notification Settings page will open up. Tap on Snaps and chats.
7. At the Notification Category screen. Select “Advanced“.
8. The screen also has lists of options like Pop on vibration, sound, Screen, etc. Select “Sound.”
9. Within the sound screen, you’ll select any ringtone, otherwise you can choose your custom ringtone.
You have successfully update Snapchat Notification Sound. All notifications that come from Snapchat will have the new alert/ringtone that you simply have set.
Optional: You’ll also change Snapchat video/audio caller ringtone by using the “Call from Friends” or “Missed Call option.”
Changing the ringtone would affect the ringtone for all calls and not just Snapchat calls, as this is often a system-level setting that will be modified.
Note: Android4Fun is a website where you can download games as well as trending applications from your Smartphone, PC, Tablet or Laptop. Along with this, ANdroid4Fun gives snapchat premium mod apk. Android4Fun offers a huge collection of apps and games to download. It also offers device compatibility instructions apart from download instructions and features.
Following are the steps to change Snapchat Notification sound Via System settings:
- Tap on Settings and choose “Sound and Vibration.”
- Scroll all the way down to “Notification Sound and Vibration”
- Select the well-liked system sound or select custom Ringtone from internal storage.
After following the step, all the notification that you receive will have same Notification sound.
How to change Snapchat Notification sound iPhone?
Guys, I do know this could sound heart-wrenching, but currently, iOS users CANNOT change the default Snapchat notification sounds for alerts. The iOS Application also uses the pre-build sounds for Snapchat message alerts.
I am not sure that why Snapchat hasn’t provided any option for iOS users to change the alert tone. There’s a set default alert tone(this can’t be the phone default tone but the one that the Snapchat developers have set).
You might be wondering that changing tone for Apps like WhatsApp, Facebook is feasible, but why not for Snapchat.
However, we also have an option to change the sound for video/audio calls that come via Snapchat. There’s no default tone set for Snapchat video/audio calls by the developer team. So, once you get a Snapchat call, the ringtone will be the identical because the ringtone for the other regular call.
Following are the steps to change the ringtone for Snapchat audio/video calls on an iOS device:
- Tap on to the “Settings” icon on the iOS device.
- Tap on Sounds & Haptics.
- Under Vibration and Sound Patterns change the sound under the option Ringtone. You’ll also have a good kind of tones that you just can choose.
Note: Changing the ringtone that will affect the ringtone for all calls and not just Snapchat calls, as this can be a system-level setting that we modified.
FAQ’s of Snapchat Notification
Q1. How to turn off Snapchat sound?
You can either shut down sound or shut down the notifications itself. It’s always better to turn off the sound because if you turn off notifications, you may stop receiving alerts for any Snapchat activity.
Following are the steps to turn off sound for Snapchat on iPhone:
- Firstly, Tap on the Settings icon.
- Then, Tap on Notifications.
- Then, Scroll down until you find Snapchat App. Tap on the Snapchat App.
- And then, you’ll see a Sounds toggle icon. Turn this toggle off.
Following are the steps to turn off sound for Snapchat on Android(Version 10):
- Firstly, Tap on the settings.
- Then, Tap on Apps & Notifications.
- Then, Tap on See All Apps.
- Search for Snapchat and tap thereon.
- Then, Tap on Notifications.
- Then, Tap on “Snaps & Chats.“
- After that, Tap on Advanced.
- And then, Tap on “Sound.” Here, select None.
Q2. Snapchat Ringtone not working?
There might be some reasons why Snapchat Ringtone wouldn’t work. Double-check on the below steps:
- Make sure that notifications within Snapchat settings are on.
- Make sure that the ringtone for Snapchat has been selected to a tune and NOT set to None. To line the ringtone follow the steps mentioned within the article above.
- I’m sure this you’d have anyways checked, just stating it. Make sure that your phone isn’t on Silent.
- Restart your phone because it might be a device issue.
- If the matter persists, then try uninstalling and installing Snapchat again.
So this can be the simple method to change Snapchat notification sound and that I hope you may understand that how to change Snapchat notification sound. If you wish this post then share this together with your friends and provides your feedback in comment.
You may also like: