D2L’s SMU Brightspace is a Learning Management System (LMS) that facilitates on-line collaboration between instructors and college students, rising the effectivity and effectiveness of Saint Mary’s College, Canada programs.
Brightspace supplies a novel shell for every course registered in Banner and robotically populates class lists.
Inside their course, instructors can put up information objects, replace a calendar, handle course information, assess discussions and quizzes, grade assignments, handle a stay grade guide, assign teams, and way more.
How to log into smu brightspace
To entry Saint Mary’s College studying administration system,
- Open a contemporary internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, and many others.), and navigate to smu web site.
- Click on on the Brightspace button (top-right), or immediately go to smu.brightspace.com.
- On the login web page, enter your username.
- Enter its related password.
- Hit the Log In button.
- Choose the waffle drop-down menu (high), and click on in your desired course.
- As soon as in your course: Course Residence shows information and updates; Content material helps you to entry course materials; Assessments offers entry to quizzes, discussions, and many others.; and Grades will show your marks.
Forgot your smu brightspace password?
Saint Mary’s College students, or anybody signing in utilizing an S#, should reset their password utilizing the SMU Activate web site (activate.smu.ca). All company, visiting college students, AST college students, and anybody NOT utilizing an S# to register, enter your username and you’ll obtain a password reset hyperlink by e mail.
How to view your remaining exams and grades
Examination schedules can be found mid-way via every of the phrases.
To view your examination schedule in Self Service Banner:
- Go to Self Service Banner
- Click on “Enter Secure Area” and enter your Consumer ID (A#) and PIN
- Click on on “Student Information” and “Registration”
- Click on one of many following choices:
- Week at a Look
- Pupil Element Schedule
- Concise Pupil Schedule
How to convert written content material to pdf in smu brightspace
When you’ve written your project on paper and wish to convert it into pdf with out going via the stress of typing, there’s a quick method to do it in brightspace LMS.
It includes scanning the doc along with your telephone digital camera. Make sure you obtain the Microsoft workplace app earlier than you get began.
- Log into smu brightspace.
- Navigate to the motion tab in your dashboard to scan the doc.
- Choose Scan to PDF.
- After capturing the doc, you’ll be able to modify its borders to get the precise content material you need.
- There may be an possibility to add a number of pages.
- Click on Achieved.
- Click on the Add button to add the photographs.
- Give your doc a reputation (eg. animal biology project).
- Lastly, reserve it to the loacation you need and hit the add button. It will convey it to the homepage of smu brightspace.
How to register a course
Go to Self Service Banner and observe these directions to register for programs.
- Choose “Enter Secure Area”
- Enter your Consumer ID (A#) and PIN
- Choose the “Student” tab on the high
- Choose “Registration”
- Choose “Add or Drop Classes”
- Choose the suitable time period from the drop-down menu and click on “Submit”.
- Enter the CRN (5-digit quantity) for the programs, labs and recitations you need to register for within the “Add Classes Worksheet”.
- Click on “Submit Changes”.
After submitting your modifications, two issues might seem:
- An inventory of efficiently added programs (with an possibility to drop them). You might be efficiently registered for these programs.
- You might also see a listing of programs that might not be added, with error messages explaining why. You aren’t registered for these programs.