Friends, in today’s post we will learn what is OSI Model? All layer of osi model and what would be the layers work of OSI model.
What are OSI Models?
The full name of OSI Model is Open System Interconnection, it was developed by ISO in 1984. Here the meaning of Open System Interconnection is that, every networking device making company should follow the OSI model to make networking device so that other company’s networking device can communicate with each other. Before the advent of the OSI model, it was very difficult to connect networking devices of two different companies. OSI Model Concepts was created to solve this problem.
Layers of OSI Model
There is no use of OSI model in real network. The concepts are studied to understand how data travels in the network, that is why it is also called the Reference Model of TCP/IP. To understand the OSI Model better, it is divided into 7 layers, meaning there are 7 layers in the OSI Model, and all the layers have their own different responsibilities.
The Application Layer provides the interface between the network and the application. It is responsible for file transfer, e-mail and other network software services. Like a web browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) or other apps – Skype, Outlook, Office, all these layers work on the application layer and all these applications provide you an interface to work on the network, HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol), SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) and Telnet protocols also work at the Application Layer.
Presentation Layer is responsible for presenting the data. Meaning the format in which the sender sends the data is shown to the receiver in the same format, that is why it is also called the translation layer. The Presentation layer takes care that the data is sent in such a way that the receiver can understand the data.
Presentation Layer Responsibilities
- Formatting of DATA
- Translation of DATA
When two devices such as computers or servers communicate with each other, the Session Layer establishes the session between the computer and the server and maintains that session until the data transfer takes place, after that the session is terminated. does it
Session Layer’s responsibilities
- Establish of session.
- Maintain of session
- Terminate of session
Transport Layer is responsible for layer end to end data delivery. This is its main responsibility to transport the data to the destination without any error. The data on the transport layer is known as a segment.
- 2 protocols work inside the Transport Layer.
- TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) – This protocol is responsible for sending error free data to the destination. That is why it is called reliable protocol.
- UDP (User Datagram Protocol) – UDP protocol is fast in communication but does not guarantee to send error free data to the destination that is why it is called unreliable protocol.
The data on the network layer is known as packet. This layer is responsible for Logical Addressing and Routing. Router and Layer 3 switch work only on the network layer of the OSI model. It has two main functions
- Logical Addressing – IP is required to travel in an information (data) network. The network layer provides the IP of the Sender and Receiver on the packet, it is responsible for reaching the IP data to the destination.
- Routing- Network layer provides the best route for sending data from one network to another.
Data link layer
The second layer of the OSI Model is The Data Link Layer. The data on this layer is known as Frame. The main function of this layer is to ensure that the data transfer from one node to another at the physical layer is error free. The Data Link Layer is responsible for transporting data, it has two main functions. One Logical Link Control and the other Physical Addressing – Here the data packets are converted into frames and there is a tag of MAC Address of Source and Destination on it.
The Physical Layer is the first layer of the OSI model, it is responsible for the physical connection of network devices. The data on this layer is known as Bits. In this layer, the work of network topology is also done on this layer. It also describes on the Physical Layer whether the communication will be wireless or wired. Cables and NIC Cards work within the Physical Layer.
Friends, from today’s post, we learned about the layers of the OSI model. How did you like this post of OSI Model, definitely tell in the comment.
You may also like:
- Optus webmail: Login To Free Email Service In Australia
- Couchtuner: Watch TV Series Online For Free
- Manganelo: Read Manga Online Free
- DadeSchools Net Login Student Portal: Login As Student, Parent, Employees
- MyLabCorp Login Portal: Guide To LabCorp Employee Login
- GHD Sports Apk Download Latest Version v6.3