When the person mounts a drive inside any folder, the folder will behave like it’s an precise drive that the person sees in File Explorer. That is a nice characteristic to allow you to see the folder’s contents. So how will you mount or unmount a drive in a folder in Windows 11?
Doing so just isn’t a very tough activity. On this article, we will likely be discussing the entire step-by-step information to mount in addition to unmount a drive in Windows 11.
Mount or Unmount a Drive in a Folder in Windows 11
Given under are the steps to aid you mount in addition to unmount a drive-
1. Mount a Drive in a Folder
The person can mount a drive in a folder utilizing the Settings app. To take action, comply with the steps given below-
- Go to the Begin menu, seek for Settings and open the settings app in your system.
- Below the System part, click on on the Storage possibility.
- Subsequent, click on on the Superior Storage Settings possibility to increase it.
- There, click on on the Disk & Volumes possibility.
- Subsequent to the drive you need to mount, click on on the Properties possibility.
- Now below the Paths part., click on on the +Add button.
- Enter the trail of the folder the place you need to mount the drive and click on on the OK button.
Additionally Learn- How To Password Shield Recordsdata & Folders in Windows
2. Unmount a Drive from a Folder
You may also unmount the drive when you now not need it to be mounted. Given under are the steps to unmount a drive from a folder in Windows 11-
- Go to the Begin menu, seek for the Settings app and open it.
- Whereas in the System tab, click on on the Storage possibility.
- Now, increase Superior Storage Settings by clicking on it.
- Subsequent, click on on the Disk and Quantity possibility.
- Click on on the Properties possibility subsequent to the drive you’ve mounted.
- Now, click on on the Take away button below the assigned path.
- Restart your PC and the drive will likely be unmounted.
That’s how one can mount and unmount a drive in a folder in Windows 11. If you need to mount a drive or unmount it, then you possibly can comply with the steps given above and it is possible for you to to do it simply.
1. What’s the Function of Mounting?
This helps you handle storage relying on the work atmosphere and system utilization.
2. How do I Mount and Unmount A Disk in Windows?
You’ll be able to mount and unmount a disk in Windows by following the above article. This text discusses the entire course of to mount and unmount a drive so you possibly can comply with it.
3. Does Unnmounting Delete Information?
No, unmounting doesn’t delete the info however makes the consumer’s system file unavailable.