Hotstar: In India, Disney+ has been merged with the other platform “Hotstar”, so rather than getting a Disney+ subscription, one must get a Disney+ Hotstar subscription. There are two Disney+ subscriptions available in India:
- Disney+ Hotstar Premium
- Disney+ Hotstar VIP.
They’re different from one another not just in terms of pricing but also within the content they provide.
Disney includes a stake in Star, which owns Hotstar, and since the streaming service is utilized by many people within the country to observe sports content and other TV shows, Disney’s move to merge the two brand identities makes plenty of sense. The combined content library of the Disney and Star studios make Disney+ Hostar subscription very enticing in India…
What is Disney Plus Hotstar?
Disney Plus Hotstar is one in all the largest video content streaming platforms in India, alongside rivals like Netflix, Sony Liv, Prime Video, Amazon, Zee5 etc.. Previously marketed as Hotstar, it now has an exclusive partnership with Disney’s streaming service, Disney Plus, which brings to the app variety of super popular international shows and films. These include popular superhero franchises, furthermore as Indian programming in regional languages.
Disney+ Hotstar Premium vs VIP: What’s the Difference
Disney+ Hotstar offers two distinctive subscription tiers in India at various price points and to oblige to different audiences:
- Disney+ Hotstar Premium – Rs 299/monthly or Rs 1,499/year
- Disney+ Hotstar VIP – Rs 399/yearly
As you’ll be able to see, the VIP subscription is cheaper, though there’s no monthly tier for it. You will have to take a yearly subscription of the VIP tier, while the Premium tier encompasses a monthly as well as an annual subscription payment plan.
A Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription entitles you to look at the live stream of sporting events, including cricket matches, F1, Premier League, and more. Additionally, it provides you with access to the most recent episodes of Indian TV shows by 6 AM each day, exclusive Hotstar shows, new Indian movies, and Disney+ shows, movies, and Kids. Even so, all the Disney+ content will only be available in dubbed languages ( Tamil, Hindi, Telugu). Hotstar VIP does have ads, though they’re not much and are only shown while viewing selected contents.
You don’t get an access to American movies, TV shows, and original Disney+ content in English with the Hotstar+ VIP subscription. These benefits are an element of the Disney+ Hotstar Premium subscription. you may get access to ad-free American TV shows minutes within their premier in the USA (United States of America), original programs from Disney+, access to Marvel movies with English audio, and more.
How to sign up for Disney+ Hotstar in India
Following are the steps to sign up for Disney Plus Hotstar in India
If you have already got an account, please enter all the log in details otherwise create your own account by entering your number or email id.
Then you may have three subscription options to decide on from:
For Disney + Hotstar Premium
- Rs 1499/year after a 58% discount (Non-refundable)
- Rs 299/month (Non-refundable)
For Disney + Hotstar VIP
- Rs 399/year (Non-refundable)
For Disney + Hotstar Premium
- Click on Disney+ Hotstar Premium.
For Disney+ Hotstar VIP
- Click on Disney+ Hotstar VIP
- You will be five options for the mode of payment either through positive identification, mastercard, Net Banking, Paytm, or UPI. Select as per your convenience.
Free Disney+ Subscription for Jio Users
Disney Hotstar Subscription
Reliance also gives a free Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription to Jio and JioFiber users with some selected plans. Jio users will have access to live sports, prime time episodes, and selected Indian movies free. They will, however, not have access to premium English content as that’s part of the Premium subscription.
Disney Plus Hotstar Plans
Premium and VIP are the two tiers of Disney Plus Hotstar
Hotstar Disney Plus Subscription Rates
Following are Disney Plus Hotstar Yearly Plans:
- Rs 1499: Premium annual plan
- Rs 299: Premium monthly plan
- Rs 399: VIP plan
Disney Plus Hotstar: Airtel Recharge Plans
- Rs 401 plan: 30GB data, 28 days validity
- Rs 448 plan: 84GB data, 28 days validity, Airtel Xstream Premium access, truly unlimited voice calling, Rs 150 off on FasTag, Wynk Music, free caller tunes, online courses for 1 year with Shaw Academy
- Rs 599 plan: 112GB data, 56 days validity, Airtel Xstream Premium access, truly unlimited voice calling, Rs 150 off on FasTag, Wynk Music, free caller tunes, online courses for 1 year with Shaw Academy
- Rs 2,698 plan: 730GB data, 365 days validity, Airtel Xstream Premium access, truly unlimited voice calling, Rs 150 off on FasTag, Wynk Music, free caller tunes, online courses for 1 year with Shaw Academy
Disney Plus Hotstar: Jio Recharge Plans
- Rs 401 plan: 90GB data, 28 days validity, unlimited voice calling, Jio apps complimentary access
- Rs 499 Cricket plan: 84GB data,56 days validity
- Rs 612 plan: 72GB data, Add-on plan, unlimited voice calling
- Rs 777 plan: 131GB data, 84 days validity, unlimited voice calling, Jio apps complimentary access
- Rs 1,004 plan: 200GB data, 120 days validity (add-on plan)
- Rs 1,206 plan: 240GB data, 180 days validity (add-on plan)
- Rs 1,208 plan: 240GB data, 240 days validity (add-on plan)
- Rs 2,599 plan: 740GB data, 365 days validity, Jio apps complimentary access, unlimited voice calling
Disney Plus and Hulu Bundle
Read the below table to get the ideas about the pricing:
|Plan name||Disney+ Bundle monthly price||Hulu only monthly price|
|Hulu + Live TV||$61.99||$54.99|
|Hulu (No Ads)||$18.99||$11.99|
|Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV||$67.99||$60.99|
Does Disney Plus Hotstar offer Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound?
Yes, As of April 2020, Disney Plus Hotstar is being decided to turn out support for Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. However, the feature is simply limited to pick out shows like The Mandalorian, and choose streaming devices like Apple TV and Amazon’s Fire TV platform. As a result, many popular Android TV devices might not get access thereto right away.
Is Disney Plus Available in Your Country?
Right now, Disney Plus is available in a handful of EU (European Union) countries and other parts of the world. Following are a list of all the countries where it is available:
- United States
- New Zealand
- Peurto Rico
- United Kingdom
- First half of 2021 — Eastern European Countries
- First half of 2020 — Other Western European Countries
Disney Plus Subscription Price
- $6.99/month | $69.99 yearly – United States
- Rs 399/year or Rs 1,499/year – India
- 6,99€/month | 69,99€ yearly – France
- $8.99 AUD/month | $89.99 AUD yearly – Australia
- 6,99€/month | 69,99€ yearly – Italy
- 6,99€/month | 69,99€ yearly – Germany
- $9.99 NZ/month | $99.99 NZ yearly – New Zealand
- $8.99CAD/month | $89.99 CAD yearly –Canada
- €6.99/month | €69.99 yearly – Ireland
- 6,99€/month | 69,99€ yearly – Austria
- 6,99€/month | 69,99€ yearly – Spain
- £5.99/month | £59.99 yearly – UK
- €6.99/month | €69.99 yearly – Netherlands
- 9.9CHF/month | 99CHF yearly – Switzerland
Can You Share Your Disney Plus Subscription?
One Disney Plus subscription supports seven user profiles and up to four back to back 4K streams. What this implies is that while one Disney Plus subscription may be shared among seven people, only four can stream content from it at any given time. For a hassle-free experience, it’s recommended that you simply share your Disney Plus subscription with only three people.
You may also like: