go SFU is the knowledge administration system obtainable to Simon Fraser College college students, school, and employees 24/7. All SFU college students can entry goSFU for course registration, viewing grades, monitoring diploma progress, ordering transcripts, and making use of for commencement.
On this information, we’ll take a look at how to entry the SFU login portal, how to enrol in courses and the way to use mySchedule.
How to log into go SFU
To entry go SFU,
- Navigate to go.sfu.ca.
- Click on on the Check in button.
- On the CAS login web page, enter your username.
- Enter your password.
- Click on on Signal In to entry your SFU account.
SFU computing ID
Your Computing ID is the username earlier than “@sfu.ca” in your SFU e-mail handle. For instance, in case your SFU e-mail is “email@example.com,” your Computing ID is “kipling.” Don’t confuse it with the 9-digit pupil/worker quantity in your SFU ID card.
Computing ID is your digital key to log in to SFU’s know-how providers obtainable to you, resembling Wi-fi, SFU Mail (e-mail and calendaring), go SFU (course registration, tuition cost), SFU Canvas (lecture supplies, assignments, and many others.), Pc labs, On-line library service, and quite a lot of different SFU know-how providers.
Within the first yr of commencement, you’ll preserve full entry to most SFU on-line programs, resembling SFU Mail and goSFU (the final time you had registered for programs). This permits you loads of time to arrange e-mail forwarding to your SFU Mail account and obtain copies of recordsdata.
One yr after leaving Simon Fraser College, you’ll obtain an e-mail notification from IT Companies at your SFU e-mail handle, indicating your account will probably be switched to an SFU Restricted Access ID in 12 weeks.
After the 12-week conversion interval, your Computing ID can have restricted entry to SFU on-line programs.
How to search the course catalog in go SFU
- Log in to go SFU, the coed info system.
- Click on on “Browse Catalog”.
- Choose the time period (Spring, Summer season, Fall) you would like to view.
- Select to view both “All Courses” or “Courses With Sections Offered.”
- You should utilize your browser’s search means to search for one thing particular or use the alpha index (in inexperienced) to go to the division you’re most focused on.
How to seek for class schedule and house availability
Earlier than enrolling in courses, you must search the course schedule and plan your program.
- Click on on Class Search / Browse Catalog from the left menu in go SFU, or click on on the inexperienced “class search” field if you’re within the Scholar Middle.
- Confirm “Simon Fraser University” is chosen as Establishment and that the time period you’re searching for is chosen (for instance, 004 2022 Fall)
- Click on on both Seek for Lessons (the category schedule) or Browse the catalog (course descriptions).
- Select the division from the drop-down listing and enter further info to refine your search.
- Notice: Within the Seek for Lessons, if you would like to see courses with house obtainable solely, make sure that to examine the “Open classes only” choice. Or, should you’re additionally going to see full courses, you want to uncheck the “Open Classes Only” choice field.
- Click on on the inexperienced “Search” Button to view search outcomes.
- Notice: Should you see “Your search will return over 50 classes, would you like to continue? Yes/No,” you might have considered trying to slender down your search.
- You might add “Additional Search Criteria” to slender your search. For instance, you could search by:
- Course ID
- Class Quantity
- Mode of Instruction (eg, Distance Ed)
- Class Days
- Begin Time
- Finish Time
- Teacher Final Identify
How to enroll in courses through go SFU
- Log into goSFU together with your computing ID and password.
- Examine your Enrollment Appointment underneath the Enroll in Lessons menu choice.
- Examine the Course Catalog to see if in case you have stipulations for the programs you propose to enroll in.
- Examine the time, day, and site of your programs within the View Schedule of Lessons.
- We suggest permitting 90 minutes to journey from one campus to one other should you plan to take programs supplied at totally different campuses on the identical day.
- Enroll in courses in your Enrollment Appointment date.
- The course cart turns into obtainable 2 weeks earlier than the enrollment interval.
- You possibly can proceed to add or swap courses till the tip of the primary week.
- After enrolling in them, you could drop courses, however try to be conscious of the potential educational and monetary penalties, relying on if you drop a course. See deadlines for details about fines.
- After programs are added, swapped, or dropped, all the time examine your Schedule of Lessons to see if these programs have been efficiently added, swapped, or dropped.
mySchedule is embedded in goSFU to allow you to plan and enrol in your optimum schedule. It permits you to graphically view your schedule choices, discover desired course combos, and create the course schedule that works finest for you.
mySchedule arranges chosen programs into conflict-free timetable choices and shows them in an easy-to-read weekly schedule. You may also examine whether or not you meet stipulations for programs forward of enrollment.
To entry mySchedule, log in to Go SFU and click on “My Schedule.”