FASTag: FASTag is a rechargeable card that uses Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. It is a type of “Electronic Toll collection” (ETC) system introduced in India by the “National Highway Authority of India” (NHAI). The FASTag card is placed on the windscreen of the car which is used to pay toll tax. On linking this tag to a prepaid account, payment of toll tax is done automatically. When the amount gets exhausted from this account, you need to recharge it.
This decision has been taken by the government under the “Electronic Toll Collection Scheme”. Presently this facility has been started for all FASTag vehicles at Toll Plaza located across the country. FASTag was launched keeping in mind the variety of problems encountered while paying toll tax in Toll plaza. You get a lot of benefits / benefits by using it, you can read its benefits in this post below.
When did FASTag first debut?
FASTag ie Electronic Toll collection system was first introduced in India in 2014. Which has now been implemented across the country at Toll Plaza. With the introduction of this system, you will save a lot of time in your Toll Plaza.
What is the purpose of the FASTag scheme?
The main objective of this scheme is that whatever toll collection happens, it should be taken digitally and vehicles should not have any kind of hindrance during the journey. You can pay your tax non-stop there. Also, it saves time and fuel.
How does FASTag work?
There will be a special lane for the FASTag scan on the windscreen of the car, after passing it, Toll Tax will be paid automatically when it comes in contact with the device located in the FASTag lane. However, for this you will have to recharge this card first so that the balance will come in your card and you can use it in the payment of toll tax. Along with this, SMS alert of users like Toll transaction, low balance and other related information related to it will also come on your registered mobile number.
How to apply for FASTag?
This facility will be given to you in a new vehicle, that is, this card will be made available to you at the time of vehicle registration. The card / vehicle owner has to activate this card and recharge it. And if you have an old vehicle, you can get this card from banks that are authorized by the government’s National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program. These banks are as follows:
Issuing Bank Helpline Number
|Issuing Bank||Customer Care Helpline No|
|Airtel Payments Bank||400/8800-688-006|
|AU Small Finance Bank||1800-258-7300|
|Axis Bank Ltd||1860-419-8585|
|Bank of Baroda||1800-103-4568|
|City Union Bank Ltd||1800-258-7200|
|Equitas Small Finance Bank||1800-103-1222|
|FINO Payments Bank||022-6868-1414|
|IDFC First Bank||1800-266-9970|
|Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||18-602-666-888|
|Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank||1800-266-7183|
|Punjab Maharashtra Bank||NA|
|Punjab National Bank||1800-419-6610|
|South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809|
|State Bank of India||1800-110-018|
|Union Bank of India||1800-258-6400|
Fastag can be purchased offline from the bank by visiting any point of sale (POS) location. For this you can also apply online. The FASTag registration process can vary from bank to bank. Apart from this, you can also buy Fastag through Amazon, Paytm, Airtel Payments Bank.
FASTag Registration Process
You can apply for FASTag account through any bank, for which the registration process is as follows:
- To open the FASTag Prepaid account, visit the bank’s online FASTag Application Website.
- Now fill personal details such as name, address, date of birth, mobile number, email id etc.
- Enter KYC document details (Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID, Aadhar Card).
- Enter the vehicle registration certificate (RC) number.
- Upload scanned copy of all the required documents like KYC Documents, Passport size photo, RC.
- By migrating further instructions on this, your Fastag account will be created, which you can access through online or FASTag app.
- You can recharge in it through credit card / debit card / NEFT / RTGS or net banking.
Documents required to take FASTag
To open the FASTag account you need the following documents:
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- Passport size photo of vehicle owner
- Vehicle owner’s KYC Documents (Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID, Aadhar Card)
- Vehicle owner’s address proof
How long will the validity of the FASTag card be?
If you have made a fastag card for the vehicle, then it will be valid for the next 5 years. In which you can recharge according to your need and use this card on toll plaza.
What is the fee for FASTag card?
The processing fee for the FASTag card is only Rs 100 but you have to pay 400 rupees more with it, out of which Rs 200 security and balance of 200 rupees will be credited to your card account. In this way you will have to pay a total of 500 rupees.
Note: The fees charged may also change over time. According to the information, the fee for Light vehicle and Heavy vehicle is different. Car / jeep / van comes under Light vehicle. For heavy vehicle such as bus / truck / 3 axle the charges may be more than the normal charges.
How to activate FASTag?
You can activate FASTag by following the steps given below:
- First identify the bank logo attached with the card.
- Now contact your bank customer care center and get your customer ID.
- Register in bank app or website.
- The card will be activated by following the instructions given further.
- You can recharge if required and it is ready to pay tax on Card toll plaza.
How to recharge FASTag card?
FASTags can be recharge through credit card / debit card / NEFT / RTGS or net banking. In this card, at least 100 and maximum of 1 lakh rupees can be recharged. Another option is seen in this, which is that if your card balance is low or zero, money is automatically transferred from your bank account to this card. The advantage of this is that you do not need to check your balance again and again. The money will automatically come in your fastag card. You can recharge Fastag using any of the following methods:
You can recharge the Fastag card through UPI, for which you can follow the following steps:
- First you login to the UPI enabled application.
- Now click on “send”.
- Add NETC FASTag UPI Id; Like netc.your car number @ your issuing bank handle
- Type the amount you want to put in the wallet.
- Now enter your UPI pin.
- After this amount will be credited in NETC FASTag wallet.
My FASTag App
My FASTag mobile app is available to activate and recharge this card. Android users can download the My FASTag app from the Google Play Store and iPhone users can download the My app from the Apple store. This app is available for free to download, which does not require you to pay any kind of fee for downloading.
With the My mobile app, you can connect any of your bank accounts with Fastag. This app has the facility of National Highway Authority of India prepaid wallet, where you can add the money to your wallet and this fee will be deducted from the wallet while paying toll tax.
Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking
- First of all, login to the net banking service of your bank.
- Now select NETC FASTag Recharge option.
- Click on the “Add Money / Recharge” button.
- Now enter the amount you want to add to the wallet.
- Here you can recharge by selecting Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking option.
External Payment Aggregator: Bharat BillPay
- First you login to Bharat BillPay Aggregator customer portal.
- Now select the NETC FASTag option to recharge.
- After this you can recharge through BHIM / UPI / Credit / Debit card or Net Banking.
- Visit the Point Of Sale at Toll Plaza.
- There, pay in cash the amount you want in the card.
- Point of sale on the NETC FASTag account of the customer will be topped up by the executive.
- Customer will also receive SMS with receipt.
Benefits of using FASTag
- The problem of long line of trains due to toll tax in toll plazas will be solved.
- The problem related to having open money will also go away.
- Will save a lot of time.
- With this, petrol or diesel will also be saved.
- It will also not cause air pollution
- The use of paper will be greatly reduced.
- It can be easily online recharge.
- SMS Alert will be received on your mobile number on every transaction.
- Its validity is about 5 years.
- In this you also get cashback.
- You do not need to carry extra money for tolls.
- Customers can access the statements of transactions done.
- This shows transparency in the system.
- Talking about the benefits related to Toll Operator, the operating cost will be reduced.
How to affix FASTag in car? How to paste it in the car?
- First remove adhesive liner from NETC FASTag sticker
- Paste the NETC FAST ag inside or behind the rear view mirror at the top center of the windshield
- Now gently press the sticker on the windshield
- Always keep the adhesive portion of the NETC FASTag sticker outward
- Once the sticker is affixed, do not attempt to remove or replace it
- Precautions while pasting fast ag
While sticking this sticker in the vehicle, keep the following points in mind:
- Never paste NETC FASTag on a dirty or wet glass surface.
- If it is not sticking, return NETC FASTag and replace it
- Do not use cello tape or any supplementary adhesive to paste the tag
- Do not try to peel or replace the tag elsewhere.
Color code meaning in My FASTag App
In my FASTag app, Fastag wallet balance status shows in different color code:
- Green Color means the tag is active with sufficient balance
- Orange Color means low balance; In case of Orange color code, the vehicle user can recharge instantly using mobile app or can avail instant recharge facility at Toll Plaza Point Of Sale (POS)
- Red Color means that the tag is blacklisted
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC)?
National Electronic Toll Collection is a program in which FASTag device is used and electronic payment is made on NETC enabled toll plaza by Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology.
2. Why was the National Electronic Toll Collection Program started?
The National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program was launched by NPCI, NHAI and IHMCL with the main objective of removing the problems on toll plaza.
3. What are the benefits of FASTag?
Cashless payment, Online recharge, Promotional cashback, SMS alerts, Faster transit, Save Fuel
4. What is FASTag compulsory?
FASTag has been compulsory for toll payments.
5. How much is the validity of FASTag?
The validity of FASTag is for 5 years.
6. What documents are needed to apply for Fastag?
Signed FASTag application form, driving license, Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle, KYC documents, Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner, Image of Vehicle (Optional)
7. Does Fastag issue through NPCI?
No, Fastag is not issue by NPCI. NPCI has developed the NETC system to make toll payment electronically.
8. Is cashback on paying toll tax from Fastag?
Yes, cashback is received on paying toll tax from Fastag, but this amount is not fixed.
9. Does Fastag work on toll plaza across India?
Yes, it works on toll plaza all over India.
10. What to do if Toll charge is deducted twice or incorrectly deducted?
In such a situation, you contact the customer helpline of the issuing bank and report the double deduction / incorrect deduction issue. The double charge or incorrect charge levied after reviewing your complaint will be returned.
11. Can I replace Fastag?
To replace Fastag, you can get information from your bank’s website or NETC customer service desk.
12. What to do if Fastag is damaged?
Contact your Tag issuing bank if Fastag is damaged and request a replacement.
13. What to do if you sell or transfer your vehicle?
If you have to sell or transfer your vehicle, then contact your issuing bank about this and get your account closed.
14. What to do if Fastag is not working?
You can pay on Toll plaza in other ways and complain at 1033 call center.
You may also like: