By the Internet Connection Sharing function, customers can share the web of a PC with the opposite computer systems on the native space community. This function permits any of the native space networks (LAN) computer systems to entry a PC’s web on a consumer even with out permission.
This function proves helpful while you need to share your web with one other PC, however you could discover different PCs utilizing your web with out your permission, even for those who don’t need them to. In that case, you haven’t any possibility however to flip off or disable web connection sharing in home windows 11.
If you’re questioning how this function may be turned off, you needn’t fear about it, as we’ve lined you. This text discusses varied methods utilizing which it is possible for you to to disable Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 11.
Methods to Disable Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 11
You possibly can disable Internet Connection Sharing in your PC utilizing Companies, Group Coverage Editor, or Management Panel. We’ve got mentioned all of those strategies in the article ahead-
1. By Utilizing Companies
Customers can use the Companies app to disable Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 11. The steps for a similar are as follows-
- Go to the Begin menu, seek for the Companies and open it.
- Right here, seek for the Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service. Proper-click on it after which click on on Properties.
- Right here, set the Startup sort to Disabled and click on on the Cease button.
- Now, click on on Apply after which on OK.
- As soon as carried out, shut the Companies app and the Internet Connection Sharing function might be disabled.
2. By Utilizing Native Group Coverage Editor
One other methodology to disable Internet Connection Sharing is by utilizing the native group coverage editor. To take action, comply with the steps given below-
- Press Windows + R key combo, sort gpedit.msc, and hit Enter. This can open Native Group Coverage Editor.(*11*)
- Right here, navigate to the next address-
- On the precise facet, double click on on the Prohibit use of web connection sharing in your DNS area community.
- Subsequent, choose the Enabled possibility. Click on on Apply after which on OK to save the modifications.
3. By Utilizing Management Panel
The final methodology consumer can apply to disable Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 11 is with the assistance of the Management Panel. Given under are the steps to accomplish that.
- Press the Windows + R key combo, and kind ncpa.cpl and press Enter. This can open the Community Adapter window.
- Subsequent, right-click on the community you might be related to after which click on on Properties.
- Underneath the Sharing tab, uncheck the checkbox for Enable different community customers to join by the pc’s web connection.
- Lastly, click on on Apply after which on the OK button.
These had been some methods to disable Internet Connection Sharing on Windows 11. Although Internet Connection Sharing is beneficial, you’ll have to flip it off to stop undesirable web sharing. If you would like to flip off this function, you’ll be able to comply with the steps in this text.
Incessantly Requested Questions (FAQ)
1. What Is Internet Connection Sharing Service?
It’s a function that enables customers to share the PC’s web with the native space community. The function is out there for each Windows 10 in addition to for Windows 11.
2. How do I flip off Internet Connection Sharing?
If you would like to flip off Internet Connection Sharing, this text will certainly assist. This text discusses varied methods to disable the web connection sharing function, so you’ll be able to comply with them if you need to flip it off.