Canva: How to use and what can be done with this design app
Canva: How to use and what can be done with this design app – Canva is an online design program that works as an alternative to other professional software, to make graphic pieces of different models, sizes and styles. Well, it offers a series of tools created and designed to provide different users with a simple platform to understand and, above all, to use. Therefore, it is developed under a “Drag and drop” system to facilitate its use for all users.
In addition, this tool includes a wide and varied catalog of resources, which can be used to create custom designs, either from scratch or using free or paid templates. That is why, even if you do not have enough knowledge in editing programs, with the help of Canva you can obtain almost professional results. Therefore, it is one of the best options for those looking to create visual content.
What is Canva
What is CanvaCanva is an online graphic design software or application, created under a simple system, with which you can create graphic pieces of different sizes and styles, in an almost professional way. Which can be used at a personal or work level, depending on the need of each user. Furthermore, it is possible to download the final result in image form under different formats, including video files .MP4.
This tool was devised by Australian Melanie Perkins on January 1, 2012 and developed by Canva Inc., in February 2013 for its simultaneous official launch. It has functions that range from the design of flyers and business cards, to banners for social networks and even the order of printing of each piece that is desired. Which can be done from scratch or using any of the available templates.
Features of Canva
Canva offers a series of functions that are quite simple to understand and use, as they are designed under a “drag and drop” model. These include buttons to create a new canvas with the desired size or measurements, depending on the purpose of the design. In addition, it incorporates tools such as: text, background, insert links, download content from free resource banks, etc.
Canva has 8000 templates, distributed in categories such as: infographics, photo collages, presentations, social networks, book covers, mind maps, etc. These are found on the platform’s home page and can be accessed by clicking on the corresponding option. It is important to note that this function can be used without logging in, but it will be necessary to access the profile to download the final file.
Canva Features Editing PanelWithin the template or design creation in Canva, a left side panel is offered with a number of functions, such as:
- Templates: within this section of functions you can choose the type of template that best suits the theme of the design. It also includes a search engine in which you can filter the results using keywords or special terms.
- Elements: in this section of the menu you can find geometric shapes (arrows, squares, circles, etc.), as well as another series of graphic elements, including: images, videos, frames, icons, lines, grids, among others.
- Uploaded: it is a tab that allows you to upload files (image, audio or video) from your computer or using a Facebook, Google Drive, Dropbox or Instagram account. In the same way, it has an option so that the user can record what they want to upload to the design.
- Text : with this option you can add text to the design, either by using the different level title templates or by selecting one of the pre-established font combinations.
- More : within this menu there is a list of submenus, such as: styles, QR code, emoji, folder, apps and integrations, etc. With which you can add extra elements to the design, such as connecting to social networks, for example. In addition to this, it offers the option to search for content in free resource banks.
Other Canva FeaturesIn addition to the editing options found on the left side menu, Canva has another series of functions, among which are the following:
- Add page : pressing this button adds a new page to the design. This is a very useful option when you want to make a piece that is printed on both sides.
- Duplicate page : unlike the previous one, this function allows duplicating the selected sheet or page in the design.
- Notes : This function is used to add notes to the design while editing. It is generally used when there are several users collaborating on the same job.
- File : this menu of options includes functions such as: create a new design, show rulers or print bleed, save, make a copy, among others.
- Share : With this Canva feature you can share your design with other users so that they can view or even edit in real time. For this, there is the option of sending via email or using a link through other platforms.
- Download : this option offers the possibility of downloading the design in the format corresponding to it, either JPEG, PNG, video, GIF or standard PDF or for printing. It is important to clarify that, if you do not have a PRO profile, the file will be downloaded in low resolution.
- Print : this is a function with which the user can order the printing of his design in as many copies as he wishes, under previous invoicing.
- Copy style : by clicking on this button you can copy the style of any of the elements present in the design.
- Zoom : the Zoom bar is located at the bottom of the editing window and allows you to enlarge or reduce the view of the canvas.
- Present in full screen – Displays a full screen view of the canvas or design in question.
- Animate: allows adding layers animations or transitions to specific design or the whole design in general.
- Publish: through this function you can choose the way in which you want to publish the design, for this there are several options: download, present, present and record, share URL or publish on different social networks.
Canva is a platform that offers free features, but also Premium or paid features. The latter apply to the different editing options of the program, either in the field of graphic resources or specific details of the file, such as the size of the canvas, for example. Which is inside the design window under the heading ” Resize “.
How to use Canva
Canva for WindowsUsing Canva on the different devices basically requires the same procedure, as it is a platform with an intuitive and simple-to-use interface. In this sense, the first thing to do is decide from which computer you intend to work, since it is available in a web version, a desktop version and also as a mobile app for Android or iOS.
With this in mind, the next step is to create a new design by clicking on the corresponding button, once you have logged into Canva. The latter is necessary to be able to download the file at the end of the edition. It should be clarified that the canvas will initially appear blank and can be edited according to the needs of each user with the different functions that exist for it.
To get a clearer idea of the process, here is a video explaining how to use Canva in detail:
Create account and login to Canva
Create an account and log in to CanvaCreating an account in Canva is a free process for which it is necessary to go to the registration section, click on the “Register” button and complete the corresponding form with the data required by the web. It should be clarified that the platform offers three different methods to register:
- Using a Facebook account.
- Using a Google account.
In this last option you must provide information such as: name and surname, email and access password. At the end, it will be necessary to verify the email indicated in the registration to be able to enter the platform correctly.
Now, to log in to Canva, you must click on the corresponding button on the website and enter the access credentials. It is worth mentioning that the platform also offers the option to enter using a Gmail, Facebook or Apple account, to use any of them just click on the one you want and complete the necessary process, as the case may be.
In conclusion, Canva is a very useful design platform for different users, offering multiple free and paid features with which you can create fabulous designs.
You may also like:
- Macys Insite Login For Employee to See Benefits, Schedule, PayCheck
- WeTransfer: How To Send File Via WeTransfer
- PowerSchool Login Parent Portal: Create A New Parent Portal Account
- NewJetNet: Login To Employee Portal For American Airline Employees
- Twitch.tv/activate: Activate Twitch Tv On Roku, PS4, Xbox One For Free
- https//aka.ms/remoteconnect: Microsoft Minecraft & How to Fix it
- My Hr Kaiser: How To Login Kaiser Permanente MY HR KP