bCourses is UC Berkeley’s official campus Studying Administration System (LMS), utilizing the open-source Canvas platform.
This web-based software offers a useful resource for instructors and college students to enrich the educating and studying expertise.
bCourses is built-in with the College of California, Berkeley’s Tutorial Integrity, Clickers, CalCentral, Course Seize, SuiteC, and Gradescope companies.
How to log into bCourses
You’ll be able to entry bCourses considered one of two methods:
- By URL: bcourses.berkeley.edu
- Out of your CalCentral dashboard, below My Lessons.
In case your teacher is utilizing bCourses, you possibly can entry your course web site(s) by logging into your CalCentral or bCourses account.
Enrollments in bCourses are up to date each day between 6 am-8 am utilizing info from the coed info system. So in the event you registered for a category after this time, you’ll get entry to the course web site the subsequent time that enrollment is up to date.
bCourses websites are areas the place your teacher can put course supplies and grades. They can be used to work together together with your classmates and instructors in a wide range of artistic and productive methods.
Associated: UC Berkeley Tutorial Calendar: Vital Dates and Deadlines.
Moreover, in case your teacher makes use of Course Seize (“Webcast”), hyperlinks to your course movies shall be discovered there.
How can I make certain that I’ve a Kaltura account?
When you have ever accessed My Media or Media Gallery in bCourses, whether or not to add media or simply to view it, you’ll have been requested to “authorize” Kaltura.
Assuming that you just clicked the Authorize button, your Kaltura account was created.
Equally, in the event you’ve gone to MediaSpace (kaltura.berkeley.edu) and logged in together with your Calnet credentials, you created a Kaltura account.
For those who’re undecided whether or not you’ve executed any of this, do one of many following:
For those who already use bCourses
- Log in to bCourses and go to any course or venture web site.
- Within the lefthand navigation, click on on both “My Media” or “Media Gallery“.
- If My Media or Media Gallery loads, that means you already have an account. If you are asked to authorize, go ahead and click that “Authorize” button, and your account shall be created.
For those who don’t use bCourses
- Go to MediaSpace through kaltura.berkeley.edu
- Click on within the higher proper nook on Visitor and choose Login.
- Log in together with your Calnet credentials. You now have an account.
How to signal into your UC Berkeley Zoom account
Earlier than you possibly can be part of most Zoom conferences at UC Berkeley you have to to be signed in to your Zoom account, utilizing your CalNet ID and Passphrase.
Within the Zoom desktop and cellular apps, you are able to do this through the “Sign in with SSO” (Single Signal-On, utilizing your CalNet ID) possibility. See beneath for step-by-step directions.
Register through desktop app
When you have not already put in the Zoom desktop app, you possibly can set up it from Self Service on Berkeley Desktop-managed computer systems, or obtain it instantly from Zoom.
- Open the Zoom app in your laptop.
- Click on “Sign in with SSO” (Single Signal-On, utilizing your CalNet ID).
- Enter “Berkeley” the place it says “Your company domain”, and click on “Continue”. Your net browser will open.
- For those who’re not already signed in to CalNet, you will note the usual CalNet login display screen. Register utilizing your CalNet ID and Passphrase.
- Upon getting signed in to CalNet (or in case you are already signed in), you will note the next display screen that claims “Launch Zoom“
- Click “Open zoom.us”
- Your Zoom desktop utility will reopen. Click on on the icon within the upper-right of the Zoom window to affirm that you’re logged in.
Register through cellular app
- Set up the Zoom app from both the Apple App Retailer or the Google Play Retailer.
- Open the zoom app.
- Faucet the “Sign In” button within the lower-right nook.
- Faucet the “SSO” possibility within the lower-left nook.
- Enter “Berkeley” the place it says “company domain”, and faucet “go” on the keyboard. Your machine’s net browser will open and you will note the usual CalNet login display screen. Register utilizing your CalNet ID and Passphrase.
- Upon getting signed in to CalNet, you will note a display screen.
- Faucet “Open”. You will note your identify in the midst of the display screen, confirming that you’ve got efficiently logged in.